Note: Studies show that practice only produces results when it is deliberate and consistent. Therefore, aim for at least 1-2 hours of lessons per week and plan to practice at home for at least 2-3. Some students, particularly youth, see more productivity with 30-minute lessons but an hour is standard. Lessons are $80/hour or $60/hour for 2+ hours per week.
Below are just a few topics you may learn and practice during your lessons. Every student will have a different experience and lesson plan with various emphases based on their unique goals, needs and interests.
• Posture and Alignment
• Breathing and the Respiratory System
• The Brain with Practice, Anxiety and Reward (Neuroplasticity)
• Customized Vocal, Mental and Physical Exercises for Technique Building and Anxiety Reduction
• Ear Training: Pitch Recognition and Accuracy and Sound Theory
• Storytelling: Performance, Presentation and Songwriting
• Diction, Phonetics and Tricks for Pronunciation
• Body Mapping and Anatomy